NJ Family Leave Insurance 2021
New Jerseys Paid Family Leave Act, has created the Family Leave Insurance program (FLI). This program allows for one to care for a loved one in an illness for up to six weeks on paid leave from their work.
This act along with the Family and Medical Leave Act, (FMLA) ensure that the employee’s job is held during their time of absence. This allows for one to have the freedom to focus on the care of their loved ones.
NJ Family Leave Insurance Eligibility Factor:
In New Jersey, one is eligible for a claim under these requisites:
- Caring and creating a relationship with a newborn child during their first year.
- Caring and creating a relationship with an adopted child during their first year in guardianship.
- Caring and assisting a loved one in critical condition or during an illness.
- A candidate must have made at least $169 per week for 20 weeks, or $8,500 in the year before leaving in order to be eligible.
- Employees also must provide their employer with a 30-day notice unless the condition is too sudden for this to be possible.
NJ Family Leave and Insurance Payments Information:
There are various payment plans that are based on the benefits provided by the employer, however, here are the basic guidelines for payments:
- No payments can be made during the first week of leave, this is called the “waiting week”.
- Benefits cannot be paid during a time when the Claimant is receiving disability benefits.
- Benefits cannot be paid during a time when the Claimant is receiving unemployment benefits
- Benefits cannot be paid during a time when the Claimant is receiving full salary and/or paid time off
- Benefits cannot be paid during a time when the Claimant is working.
How to Apply for NJ Family Leave Insurance?
One can apply at the Office of Human Resources and at the Department of Labor and Workforce Development. Clearly marked by the button labelled “File Here”.
What are Tax Criteria of NJ Family Leave Insurance?
During the time of absence taxes have been stated as follows:
Employee rate – 0.10% up to the wage base of $33,500 for 2017 and 0.09% up to the wage base of $33,700 for 2018.
How To Claim NJ Family Leave Insurance?
One can easily file a claim for NJ Family Leave Insurance on the New Jersey Department of Workforce and Labor Website. The site walks through the steps to file, which makes creating a claim online very simple.